Polka Steps To Faith
by PamFord Davis

Have you ever seen the polka danced by professionals? Maybe you remember the regulars and guests in the audience on the Lawrence Welk show whirling across the floor to a polka featuring the accordion player. They were having the time of their lives!


In elementary school we had a brief time of dance classes as a part of our physical education (gym class). We were given a crash course in ballroom dancing including the waltz and foxtrot. Square dancing was fun, but a bit complicated! The dance step that stands out most in my mind was one used in the polka. The call given was to meet your partner "face to face" and "back to back." It was a fast paced movement and fun to do.


We need a crash course in polka faith, to look in the face of Jesus. "For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known (1 Corinthians 13:12 NKJ)." If our position finds us face to face with Christ, our backs will be turning away from evil. "Let him turn away from evil and do good; let him seek peace and pursue it (1Peter 3:11 NKJ)." That's a step we all need to take!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print