Closing Hymn
by PamFord Davis

At the conclusion of church worship services most congregations are led in a closing hymn of invitation, dedication, and benediction. Do we really appreciate that message in song; or are we too wrapped up in thoughts of our noon meal? If we listened to the words with our hearts and ears we might be surprised to learn how powerful and meaningful the selections are. It may be several verses or a brief praise chorus; but it is a hearty "Amen" set to music!


King David knew the significance of music with worship and established our modern day experience. Our hearts become so full of emotions they pour out of our vocal chords, mouth and lips! David's songs described varied emotions of pain, fear, anger, sorrow, joy and love. He had music as his friend and companion in pastures, hidden caves, his palace, and a private place of prayer in the tabernacle.


Jesus and His disciples also sang following the breaking of bread at their Passover meal. "And when they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives (Mark 14:26 NKJ)." I believe the majestic sounds of worship and praise in God's heavenly choir will be worth the wait! Jesus is saving you a front row seat!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print