Forget-Me-Nots
by PamFord Davis

When you were a child, did you ever try to run away from home? Did you make a mad dash, map out a plan, or just threaten in an attempt to get your way? TV sitcoms from the 1950's and 1960's frequently used the runaway theme. The child usually tied a knapsack to a stick and hit the road!


I can remember two situations from my early years. The first involved our neighbors across the road. Their family had six children; ours had five. Our two families were together often. On this occasion it was near supper time and Mom got a phone call. Her friend Laura told her the oldest daughter, Cindy was upset about something and decided she wanted to live with us. Her mother came up with a clever plan to solve the dilemma; and Mom quickly put the plan into action! The idea involved something important to all of us, food! The instructions were Mom was supposed to share with Cindy her plans for our supper. I think Laura said she did not like spaghetti; and if we were having that she would return home. She left as fast as she arrived. In this case "Mother knows best!"


The other time I was the "leading lady." I got mad about something and told Mom I was leaving home. I guess I early showed signs of being a drama queen; because I went and picked a small bouquet of forget-me-not flowers and took them to Mom! Then I started my journey, but only walked a little way up the road, turned around and went back to the house. She obviously did not need the forget-me-nots. I did not give her time to forget me!
God is always calling out to us to remember Him. "Beware that you do not forget the Lord your God by not keeping His commandments, His judgments, and His statutes which I command you today (Deuteronomy 8:11 NKJ)." Don't keep running away!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print