Weeping Willow
by PamFord Davis

Trees play a large part in the beauty of America, from large wood areas to landscaping in our front yards. Their majestic heights and swaying branches grace the sky and shade us from the rays of the sun.


My husband's favorites are the palm trees. Living in both South California and South Florida he enjoyed different varieties. Indio, California is the home of some of the world's best dates grown on the palms. While living in Miami we viewed coconuts.


My heart is drawn to weeping willow trees! They look so graceful with fragile branches and leaves gently blowing as they reach downward to the land below. The term "weeping willow" brings feelings of emotion and sadness and causes us to wonder of the cause of that drooping. How long will the weeping last? "For His anger is but for a moment, his favor is for life; weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning (Psalm 30:5 NKJ)." When God's wake up call comes, and there will be no more night in the heavenly city of New Jerusalem the weeping willow may become the "rejoicing willow!"

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print