Medication for Meditation- Sin
by Fenny West


All have sinned
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
God promises power over sin
Sin brings death
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Gen:2:17: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
God gives us power over sin
Ro:6:9: Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
Ro:6:14: For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
We cannot take sin for granted
Ro:6:1: What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
1Co:3:16: Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
1Co:3:17: If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
1Co:6:19: What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
Flee from sin
Ge:39:12: And she caught him by his garment, saying, Lie with me: and he left his garment in her hand, and fled, and got him out.
Ge:39:13: And it came to pass, when she saw that he had left his garment in her hand, and was fled forth,
Ge:39:15: And it came to pass, when he heard that I lifted up my voice and cried, that he left his garment with me, and fled, and got him out.
Ge:39:18: And it came to pass, as I lifted up my voice and cried, that he left his garment with me, and fled out.

1Tm:6:11: But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
2Tm:2:22: Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
Eph:4:22: That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
Ga:5:16: This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Ga:5:17: For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
Ga:5:19: Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Ga:5:24: And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Eph:4:31: Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

Partial obedience is sin
1Sa:15:22: And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

Sin deceives and damns
Jas:1:15: Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Repent of sin for forgiveness and restoration
Psalms:86:5: For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee.
Psalms:103:3: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
Psalms:130:4: But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared.
Ac:2:38: Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Ac:3:19: Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
Isa:1:18: Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
Isa:41:21: Produce your cause, saith the LORD; bring forth your strong reasons, saith the King of Jacob.
1Jo:1:7: But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
1Jo:1:8: If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jo:1:9: If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jo:1:10: If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
Proverb:1:10: My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.
Psalms:51:2: Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
Psalms:51:3: For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
Psalms:51:4: Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.
Psalms:51:5: Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
Psalms:51:9: Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
Psalms:51:13: Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
Eph:1:7: In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
Eph:4:32: And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
Meditate on God's word
Psalms:119:11: Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
Ps1
ps
Mind your mind
Proverb:4:23: Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
Proverb:23:7: For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee.
Ph'p:4:8: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Psalms:1:1: Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
Psalms:1:2: But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
Psalms:1:3: And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
Jos:1:8: This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
Psalms:63:6: When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.
Psalms:77:12: I will meditate also of all thy work, and talk of thy doings.
Ro:12:3: For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
Ro:12:2: And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Ro:8:6: For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Ro:8:7: Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Eph:4:23: And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
Ph'p:2:5: Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
1Co:2:16: For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
Watch what you watch
Psalms:101:3: I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.
Job:31:1: I made a covenant with mine eyes; why then should I think upon a maid?
Watch what you say
Proverb:10:19: In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise.
Proverb:6:2: Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth.
Col:4:6: Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
Eph:4:29: Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
Watch other peoples' words
Proverb:7:5: That they may keep thee from the strange woman, from the stranger which flattereth with her words.
Col:2:4: And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words.
Eph:5:6: Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
Not by might nor by power
Zec:4:6: Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.
Ph'p:4:13: I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Ro:8:11: But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
Ro:8:1: There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Ro:8:2: For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
Ga:2:20: I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Ga:5:24: And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Jas:4:7: Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
Sin brings trouble Sin stops revival
Sin of one person affects others
Jos:7:1: But the children of Israel committed a trespass in the accursed thing: for Achan, the son of Carmi, the son of Zabdi, the son of Zerah, of the tribe of Judah, took of the accursed thing: and the anger of the LORD was kindled against the children of Israel.
Jos:7:2: And Joshua sent men from Jericho to Ai, which is beside Beth-aven, on the east side of Bethel, and spake unto them, saying, Go up and view the country. And the men went up and viewed Ai.
Jos:7:3: And they returned to Joshua, and said unto him, Let not all the people go up; but let about two or three thousand men go up and smite Ai; and make not all the people to labour thither; for they are but few.
Jos:7:4: So there went up thither of the people about three thousand men: and they fled before the men of Ai.
Jos:7:5: And the men of Ai smote of them about thirty and six men: for they chased them from before the gate even unto Shebarim, and smote them in the going down: wherefore the hearts of the people melted, and became as water.

Jos:7:24: And Joshua, and all Israel with him, took Achan the son of Zerah, and the silver, and the garment, and the wedge of gold, and his sons, and his daughters, and his oxen, and his asses, and his sheep, and his tent, and all that he had: and they brought them unto the valley of Achor.
Jos:7:25: And Joshua said, Why hast thou troubled us? the LORD shall trouble thee this day. And all Israel stoned him with stones, and burned them with fire, after they had stoned them with stones.
Jos:7:26: And they raised over him a great heap of stones unto this day. So the LORD turned from the fierceness of his anger. Wherefore the name of that place was called, The valley of Achor, unto this day.

Ac:5:1: But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,
Ac:5:2: And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet.
Ac:5:3: But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
Ac:5:4: Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.
Ac:5:5: And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.
Ac:5:6: And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him.
Ac:5:7: And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in.
Ac:5:8: And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much.
Ac:5:9: Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out.
Ac:5:10: Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband.
Ac:5:11: And great fear came upon all the church, and upon as many as heard these things.
We cannot blame God for our sin
Jas:1:13: Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

Temptation is not sin, it's when you yield
1Co:10:13: There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Jas:1:2: My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
M'r:1:13: And he was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan; and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered unto him.
Lu:4:2: Being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days he did eat nothing: and when they were ended, he afterward hungered.
There is a promise for those who overcome sin
Jas:1:12: Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
Sin makes you sell your birthright
Heb:12:16: Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.
Pray against sin
Lu:22:40: And when he was at the place, he said unto them, Pray that ye enter not into temptation.
Lu:22:46: And said unto them, Why sleep ye? rise and pray, lest ye enter into temptation


Copy it rightly

www.inspiration4generations.com

[email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print