Acts 13:10
by Don Costello

Acts 13:10

And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?

1. "And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness"

a. subtilty [1388 * dolos] [Zodhiates: Bait, metaphorically, and generally fraud, guile, deceit.]

b. Although his name was Bar-jesus, which means "son of" or "follower" (see Acts 13:6), the Apostle Paul rightly calls him "child of the devil".

c. child of the devil [child * 5207 * huios-a son] [devil * 1228 * diabolos-a false accuser, devil]

1). Scripture speaks of the seed of the serpent.

a). Genesis 3:15 "And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel."

b). John 8:44 "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it."

c). Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

d). 1 John 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

2). Children of the devil are enemies of righteous.

2. "wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?"

a. This is a rhetorical question which of course is answered by, No, he will not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord!"

b. Isaiah 5:20 "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!"

1). In this group are all those who defend abortion, homosexuality, living together without being married or whatsoever is contrary to the word of God.


My name is Don Costello. Ever since I received Christ in November of 1976 I have had a passion to study and know God's word.My wife Melissa and I have 5 children.

My e-mail address is [email protected]

I have a blog located at:
www.theophilus-loverofgodsword.blogspot.com/

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print