Sipping From Straws
by PamFord Davis

Are your children making memories? We are usually unaware of the lasting impact activities and relationships are forming. Do you remember hours of coloring books, tea parties, or ball games? They will, too. Those teen years were filled with dances, slumber parties, school ball games and endless telephone conversations. Our children and grandchildren though of a new generation, are experiencing the same events. They are making memories!


It is often the simple things that we cherish years later, not the roller coaster rides as much as the summersaults in the back yard. My younger sister Gayla and I had a teen binding time in front of our 19 inch black and white TV. We weekly watched "The Monkees" side by side. It was "our time" together. She had a crush on Peter Tork and I was a fan of Davy Jones. We eagerly waited for each episode and enjoyed their crazy antics and hit songs. My fondest memory of those evenings was our less than gourmet meals on our TV trays. In between our ooo's and ahh's we ate TV Dinners and sipped our favorite soft drinks from cans. We had no clue at the time that we were making memories. Guess what? Your children don't either!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print