Straightjacket
by PamFord Davis

Illusionists such as Houdini amazed audiences with last minute escapes from straightjackets. Very often a volunteer from the audience served as the entertainer's assistant. Their quivering hands carefully tightened every buckle and secured straps by tying them in knots. All closures were checked and rechecked. All eyes were focused on the stage. The thoughts by most viewing the spectacle were "Surely there is no way to escape from that!" The drama continued to build to a fevered pitch as each second on the clock ticked by. When it seemed all hope was gone, the person stood victorious before the amazed crowd! He was no longer bound by the confining jacket; and the crowd roared!


God provides us with His armor of protection. (Ephesians 6:10-18) If we place ourselves in His care and put on that armor we will be securely covered. We do not need the aid of an assistant to check and recheck that covering. God offered it and our only part is to wear it with confidence. This armor was specifically designed for believers involved in daily combat. We are on the front lines confronting evil forces opposed to God and the advancement of His kingdom. A straightjacket restricts freedom of movement. In contrast God's armor gives freedom. Are you covered?

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print