Poor In Spirit
by Cindie York

Matthew 5:3
Blessed are the poor in spirit; for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven.

When I think of the poor in spirit, I think of someone broken. I think of someone who is hurting or at a spiritual low point. Everyone has those times when they feel at rock bottom. You feel like your prayers don't even reach the ceiling. You can't see past your faults and weaknesses to realize your potential. You feel like a failure or worthless. These are some of life's terrible valleys. These are the times in life when God is molding us, shaping us into a better vessel. God is providing opportunities for spiritual growth. These are the times when we realize that we truly need God.

1 Corinthians 12:9-10 states, He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I would rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then am I made strong.

Admitting we need God for restoration, laying down spiritual pride, asking for forgiveness, and praying for direction allows God to be in control and mold us into the person that He would have us to be. We must move out of the way and let God be God. God is the Master Craftsman. Development stages are tough. It hurts, but hang in there, the broken phase is not forever and the end result is an original masterpiece from God.

I have been a Christian for 23 years.  I enjoy Bible study and growing in the knowledge of God's word.  I literally want to soak up God's Word like a sponge.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print