Three Little Words
by PamFord Davis

"Hi, it's Mom." Those three words at the other end of the telephone receiver brought me close to my mother on Sunday afternoons. We lived several states apart and used Sunday calls to keep us connected. Calls were made on any day; but the Sunday conversations were my favorites.


She knew my regular routine of a quick lunch after the morning worship services, followed by an afternoon nap. Often around three in the afternoon she would call; and we would catch up on family news. It has been ten years since Mom died and I miss our chats. We easily take communication with loved ones for granted. In our busy schedules we often push off those calls or emails till a more convenient time.


We can continue to honor our mothers and fathers as God commanded. "Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you (Exodus 20:12 NKJ)." We best honor their memory by faithfully extending that honor to those still with us Who do you need to call?

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print