Mended Relationships
by PamFord Davis

We live in a "throw away" society. Fix it shops are as outdated as last years cell phones! It is more costly to repair most items than to replace them. We once had confidence that things were built to last, if they were cared for. Today we expect most of our purchases to be functional and in good working order for a very limited amount of time.


Sadly, relationships when frayed are often not mended, but cast aside as no longer of use to us. Judges once diligently tried to get couples filing for divorce to work toward reconciliation. Now the divorce court is a revolving door industry, and even considered as television entertainment.


Christ's redeeming love reconciled us to the Father. (2 Corinthians 5:17-21) He even entrusts us with that responsibility. " and has committed to us the word of reconciliation. Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ's behalf, be reconciled to God (2 Corinthians 5:19b-20 NKJ)." God mends relationships; do you?

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print