Greatest Show on Earth!
by PamFord Davis

"Ringling Brothers, Barnum and Bailey Circus" claims to be the greatest show on earth! Young and old still fill the seats under the "Big Top," now usually housed inside comfortable coliseums. Each spring when my birthday approaches I have thoughts of a childhood friend named Rick. Our relationship goes back, way back to the days of our births. His mother and mine were room mates at the hospital where we were born. He was "an older man," one day older! As an adult Rick worked the sound system control room for the elaborate circus productions. The last time I saw him was at my wedding ceremony over forty years ago. I know his parents were proud of his position with the circus. They suffered a great loss when he developed a serious infection and died several years ago.


At times we may feel that our life is "the greatest show on earth;" but it is only a dress rehearsal! The greatest show will take place when Jesus makes His return appearance! "For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord (1 Thessalonians 4: 16-17 NKJ)." There will be no high wire or safety net needed. We will walk on clouds!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print