Clinging to His Hand Devotional (Words from the Lord series)
by Marijo Phelps

Child, you are my daughter, growing in me. Jesus, your Lord will show Himself your Champion as you place your tiny hand in His most capable one. Trust abandonment to Him who is most trustworthy. You've proved Him over and over. You grow as you lean more on your Lord. He is able to carry your load, your life, your growth. The more you let go the more you grow up in Him. Trust is a paradox of letting go while holding tightly to His hand. Childlike skipping along as He leads, your incredible Lord who loves you so.

Matthew 19:13
[ The Little Children and Jesus ] Then little children were brought to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. (NIV)

John 14:1
[ Jesus Comforts His Disciples ] "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God ; trust also in me. (NIV)

John 12:36
Put your trust in the light while you have it, so that you may become sons of light." When he had finished speaking, Jesus left and hid himself from them. (NIV)

Ephesians 4:15
Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ. (NIV)

Colossians 1:10
And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God.. (NIV)

Luke 18:16
But Jesus called them to Him and said, "Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of God. (NKJV)

Prayer: Dearest Savior, You give us SO much and ask SO little. Please help us to become more childlike, to be able to drop the childish from our lives. Help us to cling to and lean on You as we walk the road in Your footsteps. AMEN

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print