Looking at a Woman Lustfully is Adultery
by Angie Lewis

Porn addiction is becoming more and more prevalent in marriage today. It doesn't seem to matter whether the marriage is a supposed Christian marriage or not. The truth is if a Christ One is having trouble with porn addiction then my first thought to that person would be to rethink and review your Christian faith because a Christian should NOT be a slave to any sin, whether it is greed, anger or porn addiction.

If we profess to be followers of Christ, why then are we not following Him? The minute we take our eyes off of Jesus, stuff happens and our Christ-like character changes drastically. Have you taken your eyes off of Jesus? Is stuff happening in your Christian life that shouldn't? If you aren't following the example of Christ then whose example are you following?

Most people who have no real purpose in life will sometimes find refuge in a substance of choice. But if we are God's Creation then He is our true refuge, right? How do we find refuge in the Lord? We give Him our addiction, worries, sufferings, anxieties, fears, sins, and our life! And we let Him heal us!

Some people take porn addiction with a lackadaisical attitude. They believe that as long as they aren't involved in the physical act that it is not adultery. But looking at porn is adultery of the mind! Christ lets us know that even looking at a woman lustfully is adultery. Porn addiction hurts your relationship with God, which hurts your relationship with your wife.

"You have heard that it was said, 'Do not commit adultery.' But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart" (Matthew 5:27-28)

Jesus lets us know that when a man allows himself to be captivated by a woman's beauty it will bring on lustful thoughts within him. He then goes on to say how the prostitute (women of porn) will reduce the man to a loaf of bread.

A man needs to keep his eyes on Jesus! He has to continually pray about his feelings and ask Jesus to free him from lustful thoughts and temptations. But even more than that, he has to give his whole life to Christ and in return Christ will free the man from being enslaved to sin.

And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it! (1 Corinthians 10:13)

But if a man is only half-heartedly giving his life to the Lord and being lackadaisical about his relationship with Christ then temptation will be more difficult to bear. In this culture that is filled with so much depravity you cannot let down your guard. Understand that strong temptations and desires happen to everyone, but not everyone succumbs to those desires. Why is that?

Because they run from temptation when it gets in front of them! They instantly ask God to help them in that moment of temptation and God helps them! Run from immorality and pray for God's help with temptation EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Going to church once a week is not enough. You have to be the church, be the man of God that God wants you to be. Choose Christ's love over the darkness in the world. Run from tempting situations so you'll not be persuaded to sin.

Running from sinful situations shows virtue of character. Yielding to temptation may show a weakness in your spiritual self. When we avoid those areas where satan has set his enticing traps we are using self-control, which is THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT. The Fruit of the Spirit is Christ working in us!!

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who BELONG to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with it passions and desires. (Galatians 22-24)

When an addict says they will never look again, drink again, or shoot up again, they are in denial. Only a person in denial would say such a thing because they will do it again! A person is powerless on their own to stop an addiction unless they get down on their knees in sincere sorrow and repent. We need God!

Don't let addiction control your life one more day. Don't let it enslave you and let it become your master. God has the power to renew your spirit and will give you a renewed attitude full of new thoughts and new lovereal love! Addiction is only a hurdle in your life. It is not something that is with you forever unless you allow it to be with you forever. All addictions can be completely eradicated from your life for good, through the workings of Jesus Christ.

God wants you to choose. He wants you to choose Him over the desires of the world. God wants all of your life, not just those parts that you are willing to give to Him. Give Him ALL of your life, today! Don't waste another minute. It's time for you to choose. Christ or addiction?

Forgive Your Spouse of Adultery And Save Your Christian Marriage: http://youtu.be/snUGrD6Qh5k
Visit our marriage Healing Ministry: http://www.heavenministries.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print