Golden Slippers
by PamFord Davis

My husband I both thoroughly enjoy viewing old classic western movies. If it happens to be a musical western, such as those starring Roy Rogers or Gene Autry, it's a double treat! A song heard in many of those westerns is titled "Golden Slippers." In our vast movie collection we even have a story of a singer- dancer, titled "Golden Slippers."


Do you wear easy to "slip into" slippers when you are relaxing around the house? I have a few pair, and am always happy to add to my collection. There are different styles fitting seasonal needs. In the winter months I am usually cold until the spring thaw! So, I want a warm slipper that covers my foot, heel to toe. A slip on scuff will not do then! In warmer months a scuff or thong type is more comfortable. When gift giving, slippers are a nice choice.


I wonder if one day we will proudly put on golden slippers. "And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, who bring glad tidings of good things (Romans 10:15 NKJ)!" Don't you agree that a beautiful foot deserves a beautiful slipper? We may be wearing golden slippers and walking joyfully on streets of gold!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print