Support System
by PamFord Davis

We hear much today about the importance of a support system, the need by all for love, encouragement, and support. Some people try to make it through life struggles on their own. I sense that deep inside they probably realize how empty their life is without others. In scriptures we clearly see our ultimate support is the unshakable foundation of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is the only fail proof support system!


Even the great leader Moses needed to call on the support of others. "But Moses hands became heavy; so they took a stone and put it under him, and he sat on it. And Aaron and Hur supported his hands, one on one side, and the other on the other side; and his hands were steady until the going down of the sun (Exodus 17:12 NKJ)." Why was he keeping his hands held high? See the previous verse "And it was so, when Moses held up his hand, that Israel prevailed; and when he let down his hand, Amalek prevailed (Exodus 17:11)." Maybe it is time we admit our crucial need for the support of others. Hopefully loving individuals are close by, as Aaron and Hur, in Moses time of crisis. If not the ultimate enemy, evil will prevail!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print