More Pancakes Please!
by PamFord Davis

There are never too many cooks in the kitchen! Each has bits of experience to add to the preparation of meals. Learning to work together results in appetizing dishes; and even cooks seasoned by the years are able to pick up a few pointers.Many newly married brides come with a wealth of cooking experience after a mother's tender training. I was not one of those; and more than forty years later I do not enjoy cooking. It is interesting how many of our memories about others involve foods. With three meals a day, weeks, months, and years rolling by, it is understandable.


A brother-in-law stored stacks of pancakes in my memory chest! My sister Lauree, husband Nelson, and oldest daughter, Lisa visited us about a year after our marriage. He gave helpful assistance one morning as I worked on our breakfast. My pancakes were just not turning out well; and I needed all the help I could get! I had followed the recipe instructions; but his were better! He said they needed more milk; my mixture was just too thick. That simple change made all the difference and I have never forgotten.


Years later we were on the visiting end in their home. It was another breakfast being prepared for a lot of healthy appetites. This time he cooked silver dollar pancakes, nice mouth size morsels. I have not fixed the small variety in years; and will make an effort to do that again real soon.Pancakes, like hand and glove go together, needs good syrup to top it off. Nelson had that part of the morning dish covered, too! Visiting us in Texas one Christmas he brought a gift of fresh Maple Syrup from New York State. Fire up the griddle, stack up pancakes in memory of Nelson!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print