Another Day in the Life of Early Dementia (A Dementia Story of Love Series)
by Marijo Phelps

At least Mom and I had come to an agreement that she was not to call me at work unless it was a hospital type emergency.

She left voice mails at my home phone and I could collect them when I had a break.

At this point in time I was working 32 hours a week. Mick and I were keeping up our home and the folk's home which Mom wasn't ready to sell yet AND visiting the folks at 2 different facilities.

Many mornings I went in to feed Dad his breakfast. Hum. If we'd have had kids when we first married they'd be teenagers by now..maybe there is a reason I never got pregnant even though I never took the pill.

I got a voice mail from Mom wanting to move Dad to the facility he'd been in before NOW.

Lord, help us!

Ah, Lord God, nothing is too difficult for You melt/meld Mick and me together in Your love.
Touch Mom and Dad.
Help me with a regular quiet time, praise, prayer and sitting at Your feet.

The weekend was terrible with Mom wanting to move Dad, because a resident's dog came into his room after she left the door open? She is not listening to reason. I was in tears and she said she'd no longer be responsible if anything happened.

We were hiking and the Lord showed me Moses (Dad) and Aaron and Hur (my sister,Colette and me and our husbands and prayer back up people) then how Aaron and Hur held up Moses's arms and he had victory. AND that Mom was released from responsibility and it was being transferred to us. My sister, Colette had gotten the same illustration from the Lord and had shared it with Mom unbeknownst to me.

Exodus 17:12
When Moses' hands grew tired, they took a stone and put it under him and he sat on it. Aaron and Hur held his hands upone on one side, one on the otherso that his hands remained steady till sunset. (NIV)

I was the one in closest proximity so I was the one who got "I AM the WIFE, you are the daughter, I am in charge" from Mom.

It was then I had to gently tell her (she and I are both old RNs) that Dad didn't even have a bedsore though he was in diapers and that I did not think he should be moved, neither did my sister. He was getting excellent care there and he didn't want to move again.

"If something BAD happens, it is your fault."

I could only draw her close and give her a big hug and tell her that I loved her.

I got a call the following day from "Two Men and a Truck Moving Company" telling me that Mom told them I'd write a check and they had just finished moving her to another facility she'd been talking about. For the moment, Dad was safe in the facility where he was getting such good care.

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print