A Prayer to Jesus (Dementia Sotry of Love)
by Marijo Phelps

Prayer to Jesus (A Dementia Story of Love)
Lord, I'm SAD and I don't know why. We have so much to be thankful for.

I'd like to cook more, have my drawers straightened, have clean clothes in those drawers, visit the folks more when we could VISIT instead of "running through a list".

I'd like quality time to get to know my Mick more and hug and kiss and dream.

I'd like to visit and help our friends in Youth With a Mission.

I'd like to sit at Your feet and know You more.

Yet those things screaming loudest and getting the most attention are not even the things I'd choose to do if it weren't for the noise of it all.

HELP, Lord, HELP.

At least Mom and I had come to an agreement that she was not to call me at work unless it was a hospital type emergency. She left voice mails at my home phone and I could collect them when I had a break time.

At this point in time I was working 32 hours a week. Mick and I were keeping up our home and the folk's home which Mom wasn't ready to sell yet AND visiting the folks at 2 different facilities. Many mornings I went in to feed Dad his breakfast.

Hum. If we'd have had kids when we first married they'd be teenagers by now..maybe there is a reason I never got pregnant even though I never took the pill.

Deuteronomy 31:8
The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. (NIV)

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print