Dog Days of Summer
by PamFord Davis

Very soon our Deep South states will say goodbye to the "dog days of summer," and usher in autumn and cooler temperatures. To many the change is greatly anticipated, as they are able to rid themselves of summer's sweltering heat and high humidity readings. On the other hand, if you dread winter and brutal cold, cutting winds, and long nights you already set your sights on next summer!


Each year at some point, it seems much of America hovers at or above the 100* mark. Weather forecasters label the horrific heat "the dog days of summer," and electric bills soar along with thermometers! We are advised to stay inside as much as possible, stay hydrated and keep cool with air conditioning and room fans.


Holy Land area climate is similar to Southern California desert; and it sure gets hot there! King David gives a clear description of the weight of sin, using summer as a comparison. "For day and night your hand was heavy upon me; my vitality was turned into the drought of summer (Psalm 32:4 NKJ)." He confessed his sin and received abundant forgiveness. The experience brought refreshing to his weary soul. We only need to ask and we can also receive such refreshment. It's as comforting as drinking ice cold lemonade in a front porch swing!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print