Spitting Image
by PamFord Davis

Looking into faces of parents and their children frequently reveals more than a slight resemblance. Children are described as being "the spitting image" of a mother or father! My brother looks very much like Dad at the same age. One friend of the family commented Dad spit and Gary was the result!


At times characteristics are visible several generations down the line. Our son in many ways looks like his great, great grandfather. While scanning pictures I realized the shape of my legs was passed down from my grandmother. Dig out your old family albums; you may be surprised how much your children and grandchildren you see in your personal snapshots from days gone by!


"who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high (Hebrews 1:3 NKJ)." Those who were blessed to behold the face of Jesus viewed a perfect image and reflection of His Father! As His children we are being shaped into the image of Christ. (Romans 8:29) Don't be surprised if some one says they see Jesus in you!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print