One Way to "Be Still" Devotional (Words from the Lord series)
by Marijo Phelps

I took today off without pay to clean the house. Early in the morning I hurt my knee and had to sit and ice it as it was so swollen.
Father, THANK YOU for the day off... for my precious husband who encouraged me to do this. Help us to keep our hearts tender towards You and towards each other!

In reflecting, I realized that my job situation was weird, the house we were trying to build and had prayed much about was uncertain (costs kept changing and going up and Mick was trying to get specifics from his bosses. My knee was hurting.)

The Lord reminded me about the purple iris I saw, in bloom in totally the wrong time of year. It is my favorite flower and I had never before seen one in bloom in the late fall, it was November. And I felt Him whispering to my heart "I AM the God of the impossible, trust Me".

Then I thought again about cleaning the house that's what I took this day off for (I thought) and in my daily devotional for that day's date "My daughter be still, be quiet and know that I am God.Mary chose the best part. Commune with your own heart on your bed and be still..

OK, Lord, please prepare my hubby's heart for a messy house.

Psalm 46:10
"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. (NIV)

Ephesians 4:2
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. (NIV)

Isaiah 45:3
I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, who summons you by name. (NIV)

Psalm 83:1
[ A song. A psalm of Asaph. ] O God, do not keep silent; be not quiet, O God, be not still. (NIV)

HE can't speak when I prattle on and on
1 Timothy 2:11
A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. (NIV)

1 Peter 3:4
Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. (NIV)

Prayer: Oh, Lord Jesus, may I ask for the beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit? AMEN

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print