Visualizing Things Below Vs. Visualizing Things Above
by Stanley Hasegawa

To the extent that we dwell on man's interests as opposed to God's interests, we allow things in the world to turn us away from our love of God - and that is idolatry.

What we treasure is what we visualize. What we visualize is what we work for. If you want to know what you really treasure, then just ask yourself what you tend to visualize; what do you tend to keep before you in your mind's eye. Then meditate on these passages :

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. (Matthew 6:21)

I will not set before my eyes anything that is base. I hate the work of those who fall away; it shall not cling to me. (Psalm 101:3)

I have set the LORD always before me.
Because he is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken. (Psalms 16:8)

Therefore, if you have been raised with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Keep thinking about things above, not things on the earth, for you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God. (Colossians 3:1-3)

But he turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me, because you are not setting your mind on God's interests, but on man's." (Matthew 16:23)

I am richly blessed in my marriage. I have two grown children. I am semi-retired. I have been a computer programmer, systems analyst, househusband and homeschool teacher. I love to walk, talk and eat, and write short articles about devoting our lives to Jesus.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print