The Make It Happen Moment ® Great Teams
by Gary J. Borgstede

Quote: "When you affirm big, believe big, and pray big, big things happen!" - Norman Vincent Peale

Did you know that your attitude and the attitudes of the people on your team can make the difference in whether or not you have a bad team or a great team, assuming everyone is technically proficient in their role? It is true! Attitude is the differentiating factor in talented teams that succeed and talented teams that fail.

John Maxwell's formula for team success defined in his book, The 17 Indisputable Laws of Teamwork, is Abilities + Attitudes = Results.

Great Talent + Rotten Attitudes = Bad Team
Great Talent + Bad Attitudes = Average Team
Great Talent + Average Attitudes = Good Team
Great Talent + Good Attitudes = Great Team

According to Norman Vincent Peale, big things happen when people affirm big, believe big, and pray big; however, it is difficult to do this unless a person or a team has faith enough to first think big. Thinking big is really thinking in terms of God's abundance. Combining faith and a positive attitude, creates an awesome winning combination.

If you are on a team, your personal talent and expertise are important; however, your positive attitude is even more important because it defines how you will choose to use your talent and expertise. Will you use your talent and expertise for the greater good of truly serving others or something else? Only you can answer this question through your faith and choice of personal attitude. John Maxwell states, "the attitude of the individual determines the attitude of the group." Great teams are comprised of people who use their talent and expertise to "make it happen" serving others and solving problems that make a real difference in life. If you want to be part of a great team, it's up to you to do your part. One person can make a difference! With faith and a positive attitude, you can be the spark that ignites greatness in your team!

The Make It Happen People Value: "Make It Happen" People Possess A Positive Attitude!

Have a blessed "Make It Happen" day!

Written by Gary J. Borgstede
President and Founder of The Make It Happen Learning Institute Reaching People, Unleashing The Extraordinary! www.makeithappenbooks.com

Edited by The Make It Happen Moment Editorial Team

The Make It Happen Moment Great Teams Copyright 2005, The Make It Happen Learning Institute. You have permission to reprint The Make It Happen Moment Great Teams, in its entirety only, and forward to your colleagues and friends, provided the copyright notice remains part of the reprint and transmission. All other rights reserved.

Gary J. Borgstede is the published author of the leadership books titled, The Make It Happen Journey and Kings Come Forth, as well as the faith-based leadership education blog at www.makeithappenmoment.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print