The Big Fisherman
by PamFord Davis

What is a macho man? Rugged men of superior strength do not boast in stamina and abilities. Their actions speak for them and onlookers are drawn to them as a moth to a flame. The Twelve Disciples were no wimps; but Peter may have been the most magnetic in the select group. Peter could be described in a variety of ways; boring is not among them!


Do you remember a book turned into a movie titled "The Big Fisherman?" My older cousins Don and his wife Pat took me to the drive inn movie to see the film. I was a very young girl and remember no details of the dramatization of the Apostle Peter's colorful life. The strange part is I remember it as being very important and special, as something a person should almost honor I hope to have an opportunity to view the movie as an adult and even more, as a follower of Christ. The macho fisherman left his occupation and nets behind to follow Jesus. In their early relationship Peter did not understand the deity of Jesus; he only followed taking baby steps in a life long journey. He made many bloopers and blunders; but one statement is flawless and needs to be expressed by all. Jesus questioned the disciples about His identity "Who do men say that I am? So they answered, John the Baptist: but some say, Elijah, and others one of the prophets. He said to them, but who do you say that I am? Peter answered and said to Him, You are the Christ (Mark 8:27b-29 NKJ)." Those four words transformed Peter from a commercial fisherman to "The Big Fisherman" who began fishing for lost men!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print