Could Not Be Stopped!
by PamFord Davis

People make many excuses for not attending church. If as many days at work were missed with such flimsy explanations, termination of employment might follow! In many foreign lands freedom to worship is something to only hope for. Faithful believers assemble at every opportunity and often risk their lives for the privilege to study God's word.


Terrified people in the days of Ezra the prophet could not be stopped from worshiping! "Though fear had come upon them because of the people of those countries, they set the altar on the bases; and they offered burnt offerings on it to the Lord, both the morning and evening offerings (Ezra 3:3 NKJ)." Worshipers not only overruled opposition forces; they overcame their fears. It is said by many that children appreciate material things a great deal more if they earn money to purchase them. Could it be that attending church has become too easy for us, and we take it for granted? Father, give us a burning desire to gather together to worship You!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print