No Fishing!
by PamFord Davis

We are restricted or refused entrance in certain places, discovering they are off limits to us. We read signs commanding us to "Keep off the grass, or Keep out." Land owners set property boundaries with "Posted: No Hunting or Fishing." Authorities and Private property owners make the point very clear; we are not welcome there! If you choose to ignore the warnings the law is on their side; and you might be arrested.


I believe God may have an invisible "No Fishing" sign. His children foolishly decide to not observe His restrictions. Our genuine confession of sins is followed by His generous forgiveness. Our merciful Father removes those sins and the weight of guilt. "Lord, you will have mercy on us again. You will conquer our sins. You will throw away all our sins into the deepest sea (Micah 7:19 NCV)." He keeps the sea well stocked; but deep sea fishing is not allowed! Reeling in past failures is out of boundaries; don't fall for the lure of Satan's accusations! You will pull in no fabulous fish from these waters, only sins sting rays. God posted the signs; "No Fishing!"

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print