Full of Bologna
by PamFord Davis

"He's full of bologna!" The rude description reveals a complete lack of trust in someone's opinions. It is another way of saying "You can't believe a thing he says!" Those statements cut to the bone and hopefully they are not true. A reputation takes a great deal of time to build, even if it is a bad one. Being full of bologna implies a long list of whoppers rolled from a slick tongue!


What is the pleasant alternative? Why not be full of grace and truth? It is possible as we draw near to Jesus and His life changing power. "And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth (John 1:14 NKJ)." Jesus left no unoccupied space for error to seep in; He was filled to overflowing with perfect grace and truth! The more you are around those you love, the easier it becomes to unconsciously pick up mannerisms and characteristics. Reserve more time for quiet time alone with the Lord; and soon you may be known to others as "filled with grace and truth!"

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print