Closer To Family
by PamFord Davis

Senior Citizens sadly leave behind their family home and neighborhood to be closer to children and grandchildren. Why do so many make that difficult decision? Family ties bind them and free them from clinging to security in familiar routines. Failing health may be the biggest factor; but companionship and loneliness also motivate them to move.


Phone conversations, letters and emails will never replace the face to face relationships we miss with our immediate family. Affordable travel is a valuable tool used by many elderly, giving opportunities to visit loved ones frequently. Eventually visits lead to sad goodbyes and thoughts of relocation begin to surface. Advantages and disadvantages are weighed and plans are carefully developed. Packing begins and as items are sorted through, memories are safely stored in heavy hearts. Soon seniors can bring them out to rehash with adult children!


God dwelling in heaven moved closer to His family "And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth (John 1:14 NKJ)." He bridged the distance between heaven and earth to abide among us! What did He give up as He made the change of address? He left heaven's glory and presence of the Father. "Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross (Philippians 2:5-8 NKJ)." He not only came to live with us, but to serve us as He served the Father! Is someone knocking on your door? Open it and help Jesus unpack!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print