Claims or Confidence
by PamFord Davis

The Lord Jesus reflected holiness and purity with the absence of sin in any form. We freely confess any purity found within our lives has Him as the source. Scoffers ridicule those who seek to walk a path of holiness, drawing attention to their own waywardness.


Do you remember the "Ivory Soap" advertiser's commercial claims of nearly 100% purity? The public listened and liked what they heard, making the manufacturers of Ivory very successful. People were pleased to use a product they had confidence in; and the floating bars of soap were fun for children in the family.


Can we boldly claim purity in lives stained by sin? "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us (1 John 1:8-10 NKJ)." Christ cleanses us of all the dirt and grime of sin making us squeaky clean! We brag on His purity with thankfulness for the privilege to reflect His glory!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print