Mason Jar
by PamFord Davis

Do you choose ordinary drinking glasses or priceless crystal? Have you ever considered how many choices we have? Varieties range from paper, plastic, and Styrofoam cups to costly goblets. Our container preference is determined largely by our visual attraction, and has very little to do with the taste of liquids.


Have you been refreshed by iced tea served in a mason jar? My sister Donna sipped many times from mason jars; and I'm pleased to remember her habit. Restaurants trying to appeal to "country folks" even serve their beverages in the famous canning jars! The size is good and the heavy glass may be more durable than standard drinking glasses.


I am blessed to have a retired missionary friend named June Mason. Her life is a vessel, a jar of service! As Isaiah, she heard the call of God and answered, "Send me!" She poured her life into people and ministries in Africa and left a legacy of love. "Yes, and I am being poured out as a drink offering on the sacrifice and service of your faith. I am glad and rejoice with you all. For the same reason you also be glad and rejoice with me (Philippians 2:17-18 NKJ)." She is one "Mason jar," that refused to stay on a shelf!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print