Reverse Gear
by PamFord Davis

Do you ever wonder if you are coming or going? If you are going around in circles, it may be difficult to tell the difference! Our lives might be compared to clunkers with automatic transmissions in need of an overhaul. If the old jalopy only travels in reverse, you are in big trouble!


Life is dished out in three sections: past, present, and future, one slice at a time. If God wanted us to walk back to the past, he would have placed eyes in the back of our heads! Glances over our shoulder are sufficient as long as we are not distracted from the view ahead. Imagine the foolishness of an infantry hearing the word "Charge," and turning around and attacking behind them!


God's children need reminders of our forward directions to advance His kingdom. "Yet they did not obey or incline their ear, but followed the counsels and the dictates of their evil hearts, and went backward and not forward (Jeremiah 7:24 NKJ)." A word of correction may have gone something like this "Just where do you think you are going?" Stop living in reverse gear; put your life in drive and hit the road to success!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print