Heavy Heart
by PamFord Davis

"Her biscuits are as light as a feather!" Compliments go to the cook and her secret recipe is desired by many. "His biscuits could anchor the ship!" The Navy's cook is harassed and tales of his heavy bread are shared through out the fleet.


Are you light or heavy hearted? We are physically affected by our emotional response to circumstances. Our blood pressures rises or falls; and there may be an increase or decrease in our pulse. We intellectually know the weight of our heart does not fluctuate, and yet we sense sudden changes.


Happiness gives feelings of floating on air; you feel the carefree light heart of an innocent child! You are in control and see life from the sunny side You are devastated by bad news or loss and you have a heavy heart, making it difficult to breathe and carry on your normal routine. Are we at the mercy of circumstances?


The Lord lifts heavy hearts. "Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression, but a good word makes it glad (Proverbs 12:25 NKJ)." What is the good word? "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it (John 1:1-3 NKJ)." He created our hearts and His light can cast out the darkness that weighs them down! Reach out for His healing hand and lighten your load!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print