AWOL
by PamFord Davis

The decision is final and the verdict is read, Absent Without Leave. The soldier is found guilty of desertion, AWOL! The label is likely to stick through out their military career. Will the punishment fit the crime? "Throw him in the brig! He didn't stay with his unit. Separate him for ninety days! He's losing his stripes, his rank and his freedom!"


Why would a soldier go over the hill? Each has their own story, from flimsy selfish excuses to personal emergencies or cowardice. They were unable to receive permission through proper channels and ran, sneaking off like a school student skipping school.


"Where were you when I needed you?" A buddy left alone in the trenches feels abandoned and bitter. What would the results be if a whole regiment deserted their commanding officer? "In that hour Jesus said to the multitudes, Have you come out, as against a robber, with swords and clubs to take Me? I sat daily with you, teaching in the temple, and you did not seize Me. But all this was done that the Scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled. Then all the disciples forsook Him and fled (Matthew 26:55-56 NKJ)." Did they blow their chance to serve the King? No, following His death and resurrection He met with the group again, and with His authority gave new marching orders. (Matthew 28:16-20) If you are AWOL, fall back in line and loyally serve your Lord.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print