Dance Partners
by PamFord Davis

"May I have this dance?" The request from an admiring gentleman is accepted graciously. He takes his female partner by the hand, and to the center of the crowded dance floor. Time stands still as he wraps her in his arms and leads her in a waltz. One, two, three, four One, two, three, four He leads her in a standard box step and they glide across the floor to the rhythm of the music. Dance partners repeated this routine, crossing generations and frequent fashion changes. There were variations to the waltz, but one steady rule: he led and his partner followed!


God seeks to lead us. Will we step on His toes and try to take over the lead? He alone knows the perfect steps to take. Wrapped in His everlasting arms we are led in the dance of life. "Show me Your ways, O Lord; teach me your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; on You I will wait all the day (Psalms 25:4-5 NKJ)." Ginger knew her proper place, and faithfully followed Fred Astaire. I want to follow God's lead!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print