Bon Voyage
by PamFord Davis

How does a cruise fit into your plans? Are you day dreaming of tropical seas or Alaskan glaciers? Pack your bags and book your reservations on a luxurious cruise liner! People traveling alone, in pairs, with families or in large tour groups turn dreams into reality, finding lavish accommodations and affordable fares. Pleasant wishes, hugs and waves by those viewing your departure will create the perfect mood for an adventure at sea!


In Bible times people traveling by boat often encountered great dangers. Crew members and paying passengers battled not only rolling waves, but apprehension and fear. They left behind the security of dry land and the loving faces of those seeing them off. No guarantees were promised of a safe return. "When we had come to the end of these days, we departed and went on our way; and they all accompanied us, with wives and children, till we were out of the city. And we knelt down on the shore and prayed. When we had taken our leave of one another, we boarded the ship, and they returned home (Acts 21:5-6 NKJ)." The Apostle Paul and traveling companions on missionary journeys often exchanged sad farewells with faithful followers. They were not boarding ship for a relaxing cruise. The travelers deeply desired evangelism opportunities and encouragement of believers. Bon Voyage! Soon you may lay down anchor in your eternal haven of rest!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print