Dead Air
by PamFord Davis

Radio station owners and management quickly panic when tuning in and finding silence on the dial. Music or talk is broadcast across the air waves; and quiet is gravely described as "dead air!" Just as a doctor expects to find a pulse, those in radio listen for a message in a wide range of formats. A very brief time of dead air seems like an eternity to those in the radio industry!


God's powerful message is daily delivered around the globe, reaching nomads to penthouse dwellers. His word is proclaimed on street corners, in home churches, and permanent church buildings to congregations of all sizes. Electronic media makes it possible to reach the masses through radio, television, movies, and Internet. Magazine and book writers use the printed word, in connection with the Bible, to herald the good news of saving grace.


How would we react if we were confronted with "dead air?" God's word is suddenly silenced! "Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord God, that I will send a famine on the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord,
(Amos 8:11 NKJ)." Would people even care? God uses many ways to get the attention of a rebellious nation. Ministry air waves could become silent. The printed word might be removed from stores, churches and homes. "That could never happen today!". Persecuted believers know by experience that it is happening! Thank the Father for His saving message and beware of those who try to silence His word.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print