Smaller Portions
by PamFord Davis

Have you found the keys to weight management? Every program originator patents their name and uses appealing slogans and spokesman to draw our attention. Two essentials are at the foundation of long term success: exercise and wise food choices. We make things complicated with charts and labels; but tools are only beneficial if we diligently use them. We can be trim and slim when we discipline ourselves to eat less and exercise more. The truth is we detest self discipline; and personal health coaches become millionaires because they play upon that weakness. The Marines goal is to mold a recruit into a man and a dieter's goal is to break their over weight mold!


We are wise to eat smaller portions daily. Dieters can curb their appetites by consistently using restraint. Selfishness begins early when small children tease for more candy or desert; and parents give in to keep the peace. More is better, or is it? Do you go back for a second helping? The cook is complimented by a yearning for more! Don't clear the table yet; I'll be back!


I grew up in a middle class family with five children crowded around the kitchen table. One of my favorite foods prepared by Mom was pork shops; and I wanted an extra portion! Our healthy appetites and cravings led us to quickly clear the platter. I didn't need the additional helpings anyway! I hold the key to life management, choosing a perfect portion. "You are my portion O Lord; I have said that I would keep Your words. I entreated Your favor with my whole heart; be merciful to me according to Your word (Psalm 119:57-58 NKJ)." We are satisfied if we turn to Jesus for our portion!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print