Still Going Strong!
by PamFord Davis

Do you have "get up and go" or has it already "got up and gone?" We admire people with drive and ambition and cleverly label them "type a personalities." Our efforts are desperately needed by those around us and we must not become weary in doing good. (Galatians 6:9) It would be so easy to fold our hands in our laps and give up!


Our age might bring challenges; but it need not put us out of the race. The Lord is not judging us by our speed, but by our faithfulness. The examples of others motivate and inspire us to serve God by serving others. When worship is important for the elderly we know where their priorities are! Tucked inside the Nativity story we find the faithfulness of Anna. (Luke 2:36-38) "and this woman was a widow of about eighty-four years, who did not depart from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day (Verse 37) She is going strong and her mind is alert, recognizing promised redemption in the Babe being presented to the heavenly Father. We must allow the Holy Spirit to power us and stay plugged in to His direction!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print