God Is Not Impressed
by PamFord Davis

What does a good prayer sound like? Are you awed by eloquent public prayers echoed from sanctuary ceilings? When called upon to pray do you nervously search for just the right words? We fear failure and public ridicule, and place too much weight on proper wording and the length of our communication with the heavenly Father.


Have you taken time to listen to a child's prayers? With child like faith they voice simple words of blessing for those they love and share honest desires. They use specific requests and wait to get the answers! They are not ashamed to keep asking; if they want a pony or a new baby brother they go to God!


The disciples wanted to pray with the passion and power of their Master. He gave a simple prayer as a model and we still return to that direction as a guide. (Matthew 6:9-13) Peter, who seldom could be found at a loss for words cried out one of the most powerful prayers I know "But when he saw that the wind was boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink he cried out, saying, Lord, save me (Matthew 14:30 NKJ)." His whole prayer took only three words! He did not try to bargain or give reasons he deserved to be rescued. He needed help and he needed it fast! The lost and perishing need to only make that three word request; and they will be saved and welcomed in to the family of God! Christians sinking in discouragement and despair can be placed upon the Rock if humbled to say Lord, save me! God is not impressed by lengthy speeches; His ears are open to cries of faith!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print