Truth or Consequences
by PamFord Davis

Do you remember the popular television game show, "Truth or Consequences?" It aired from 1950-1974, hosted first by Ralph Edwards ("This is Your Life"), followed by Jack Bailey and Bob Barker. Contestants were quizzed; and if they did not quickly come up with the right answer, they were put on the spot by facing the consequences! I do not keep up with programming; if the show theme has not been recycled already it may be back soon.


Is error entertaining? Tabloids are not known for accuracy and they bring in tons of money! Do congregations really want to hear the whole truth? You decide "An astonishing and horrible thing has been committed in the land. The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests rule by their own power; and My people love to have it so. But what will you do in the end (Jeremiah 5:30-31 NKJ)." What were the consequences? Each time the truth fell on deaf ears the people rebelled, God brought judgment, and his children suffered the consequences! Bring back the truth and reap the blessings!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print