Power of Prayer - New Jersey
by Jasti Victor

"Dr John Prabhaker, this is regarding your request in opening of a private clinic."

That was a week back and again a reminder an hour back. Dr John had to decide fast.

The idea to start a private clinic was necessitated because he wanted to quit the present hectic job and work at his own pace. It was on his fifty fifth birthday that Dr John thought about starting a clinic of his own. He could start the clinic provided he had a staff as efficient as Mrs. Gillian. But unfortunately Mrs. Gillian Anderson the senior most Nurse Practitioner in the hospital, resigned on the same day, citing personal reasons

It was two days after her resignation that he came to know that she had quit her job because she was accused falsely of negligence. The truth was revealed during routine investigation, but by that time the damage was done.Mrs.Gillian shifted from her present residence and her cell phone was temporally disconnected. His efforts to contact her through the AANP-American Academy of Nurses Practitioners and through their e-mail and help line were all in vain.

After the reminder call he was driving back from the hospital to his residence. As he waited at a traffic intersection he saw Mrs. Gillian crossing over to the other side of the road. He desperately tried to attract her attention, but by the time he could find a place to park his car, she disappeared.

Suddenly he had an idea to ring her cell number. This time it rang and her familiar voice immediately lighted his face and he answered.

I am Dr.John Prabhaker.

Oh my,!" said Mrs.Gillian,"Its you doctor. How very nice of you to call me

I have a job offer for you. Are you working anywhere?

There was complete silence at the other end.

Hello, are you there?

Yes doctor. I am very much here. Sighed Mrs. Gillian. I attended three interviews this morning and by the looks of it knew that I wont be offered any. I prayed at the traffic intersection that the fourth interview should be a success and immediately your call came.

In fact I saw you at that traffic intersection. I was searching for you the past one week. And your phone was temporarily disconnected.

Yes I paid the bill today and had it activated.

They met at the clinic. It was a spacious well equipped and a planned clinic. The clinic was originally started by an Indian doctor couple, who changed their plans as they got a lucrative offer from a hospital in a different state.

Dr John had seen the clinic and liked it very much and looked at Mrs. Gillian with his eye brows raised for her opinion.

Mrs. Gillian hastily took out tissues from her purse and wiped her tears.

Dr.John shocked, stared at her, not knowing what to do.

Mrs. Gillian, asked Dr.John. Whats the matter?

Mrs.Gillian hesitated first and then rushed and hugged him.

"Praise God," she exclaimed, wiping her eyes."Doctor,you don't know how desperately I needed a job.For the past one week, I used to pass this way and look at this very vacant clinic and prayed that this should be my future place of my work. I never believed that it would come true.

She looked up and said,"Thank you Jesus for answering my prayer."

Feeling very happy, she rushed towards him and hugged him again and embarrassed stepped back.

Then she saw a tear roll down his cheek.

Victor Jasti lives in India and is passionate about writing short stories based on the Bible and real incidents. He also writes Christian fiction and poetry. Five of his poems were published in Temporal Currents compiled by an American author, Ms. Christine Tricarico.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print