Believe and Obey with Angelic Insights
by Marijo Phelps

"Mom, I am SO excited about this game, if we win, we get to go to State!"

"Yes, Hon, you have played with heart and soul this season, I am proud of you and the team."

"Mom, there's a stop sign coming up."

" Yes, I see it up there in its bright red color."

"Mom, why aren't you slowing down? MOMMMMM, there' s a semi coming the other way"

Crash, crunch, tinkle, BAM the sounds of metal scraping and shrieking against metal could be heard for a long way around. Then came the smoke and fire and finally sounds of sirens.

Two huge heavenly warriors were close by. Dressed in splendor, no earthly tailor made their garments.

"What are we doing here?"

"We are here to escort someone to meet her Savior."

"What happened at that stop sign? Didn't the mom see it in time?"

"Apparently she saw it, knew and believed it was a stop sign."

"Why didn't she stop at the two way stop then?"

"Well, it would be easy to explain in Hebrew or Greek where believe implies acting on that belief or obeying. In English they seem to have something called "mental assent" or "head knowledge" and they say "yes, yes, I believe it is a stop sign. Yes, yes, I know it means we are supposed to stop then for some reason they decide it doesn't really mean that or doesn't apply to them or ."

"Let me get this straight, the mom saw the sign and sailed right on through the intersection getting hit by that huge semi truck? And they are both gone?"

"I'm sorry, yes, and we are here to take that little ball player to meet her Lord Jesus."

"Well, what about the mom? Are we taking her to meet the Lord too?"

"Nooo, apparently she "believed" in Him the way she did the stop sign. We are to leave her here for the other guys to escort......."

"Ohhhh..this is terrible. How could anyone turn down such an incredible, eternal FREE gift?"
"Maybe we can talk more about this later but right now let's go hug that little ball player and take her into the most awesome inning of her life!"

Do we believe and act like we believe? Or do we just nod and give mental assent? Do we DO things because we love Him? Or does the Word of God go "in one eye and out the other" as we read?

James 2:19
You say you have faith, for you believe that there is one God. Good for you! Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror. (NIV)

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print