Throw Your Trash into Orbit or Something Even Better
by Marijo Phelps

We crossed from Minnesota into Canada. It took about five hours due to a very young border guard and his posturing. He didn't like the prescription that was housed in a box and labeled by the pharmacy at the hospital and sent a pill off to be analyzed. We waiting patiently, or not so, while pulled over to the side of the line.

From the border crossing on things went better. Canada was clean and beautiful. Each province had a theme and a place to dump your trash on the journey. This became a family affair as we watched a car pull into the "trash stop" ahead of us. After watching signs that said "you are now 2 miles away from being able to feed froggy", we saw two enthusiastic grade-school children get out and pitch bags full of drink cups and left over lunch wrappings into the frog's mouth.

As we traveled on, we saw the incredible waves of glistening, golden wheat, as far as the eye could see, almost like ocean waves across Saskatchewan. Even the door into a museum was a work of art. It had no hinges but a top and bottom peg placed about of the way in. One gentle nudge of your index finger opened those massive doors without a sound.

The next province had trash containers which looked like a satellite and the slogan was "throw your trash into orbit". The signs told you how far it was to the next trash/rest stop. It was quite clever and looked like it was working well. This was a beautiful country.

Years later, I was reflecting on that beautiful Canada road trip. I sensed a question coming into my mind.

Do you have any trash you'd like to throw into orbit?



What?

Do you have any trash you'd like to get out of your life?

In thinking about this, I realized we have all done things which have broken God's heart. We have made choices which have hurt those closest to us and hurt ourselves. I began to think about promises which are ours for the asking.

Psalm 103:12
As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us. (NKJV)

Very interesting in that if you go far enough south you end up going north again, but you can go east forever and never end up going west. That is a long way away!

Romans 10:9
that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (NKJV)

Acts 4:12
Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." (NKJV)

HE has given us many priceless promises and we don't have to pay for them, Jesus already did. All we need to do is ASK. HE is never too busy to answer. HIS answer is always YES!

Today you can ask a question which will change your eternity. Is today the day you will ask God's forgiveness?

He promises to do something much, much better than tossing your "trash" into orbit. He promises "I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake; And I will not remember your sins." Isaiah 43:25 (NKJV)

I would ask you a question, how bad can it be to be on a first name basis with the creator of the universe? How wonderful can it be to be FREE and forgiven?

Will today be YOUR day? The choice is yours.

(My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print