Appreciation Time
by PamFord Davis

Each October we are reminded to show appreciation to our pastors. It is interesting to notice this leads up to Thanksgiving, a time of remembrance for all of our blessings. We should not need nudges by greeting card companies or automatic email alerts to be grateful.


Don't take it for granted that your church shepherd already knows how important he is. Discouragement attacks faithful servants and empty pulpits are on the rise. If you think it is difficult to please the members of your household, just imagine trying to keep peace with a growing congregation! Most ministers wear many hats, being called upon to be experts on theology and counseling to recreation and finance. They are on call 24-7 and carry the burdens of those in their flock. Three cheers for our church leaders! "Remember those who rule over you, who have spoken the word of God to you, whose faith follow, considering the outcome of their conduct (Hebrews 13:7 NKJ)." How can you show your appreciation? Be creative; it all begins with simple words to express how much they mean to you. One church I was a part of in the past surprised our pastor with a new suit! Encouragement is like a tonic for the soul. Share some today and see what a difference it can make!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print