Never Fades
by PamFord Davis

"Honor your elders!" Children are not the only ones who need to follow this advice. We are never too old to respect those who are older still. In an era where many live to the age of one hundred, they will be surrounded by younger generations. An eighty year old son or daughter would be wise to honor that parent. They owe their existence to them!


The elderly have many needs and troubling circumstances. It is our responsibility and privilege to show our honor by being their advocate with doctors, bankers, and social security representatives. With their permission we express their greatest concerns and defend their rights when necessary.


When a person begins to feel the affects of aging they may feel forsaken and forgotten. "Do not cast me off in the time of old age; do not forsake me when my strength fails,
(Psalms 71:9 NKJ)." Take time to listen to them; let them know they are still needed. They have a wealth of wisdom to share and first hand experience much in demand.


If facing death issues Hospice and funeral directors can be aided by our personal knowledge of the elderly. We see that they are respected and honored both in life and death. Their life will live on in our memories and that honor never fades.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print