Fox TV Series "24" Commentary!
by Phillip Guerra

By now many have seen the four hour premiere of this television series. It depicts a struggling US government trying to combat Islamic extremists who start bombing our cities. Then, at the end of the movie, the unthinkable happens. A nuclear bomb goes off on US soil. Many are presently criticizing Minister Pat Robertson for predicting a similar event towards the end of 2007. Can this happen?
Many believe that it is possible and very probable that a nuclear suitcase could be smuggled into this country. The series "24" depicts Agent Jack Baur as a "Christ-like" figure in that he comes out of a Chinese prison having endured who knowns what kind of torture as depicted by the scars on his back. (reminiscent of The Passion of the Christ) He selflessly and willingly sacrifices himself to save his fellow man. The truth is that every one is looking for Christ, even Hollywood. In the movie, Superman Returns, there is a line in it where Superman's his father is qouted as saying "I send my only son." The idea that we need to be saved sounds so good on the screen, but it is also the reality of people today. In a time of uncertainty where even the scenarios as scary as the one depicted here are possible, isn't it time to call upon a real savior?

Author: Phillip Guerra is the webmaster of http://www.alloftheanswers.com  A web ministry with compelling answers for a skeptical world Copyright PG (c) 2007 Limited Rights Reserved 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print