In His Presence
by Oge Maduka

When we are in the presence of God, we can be sure to boast of His unquantifiable peace and Joy unspeakable. The presence of God assures our victory in every situation we may find our selves. It gives us the confidence and privilege to really appreciate God for who He is, the purpose of our lives and to fit into His divine plan for us. It is very sad that a lot people live and die without fulfilling God's purpose for their lives, simply by doing everything their own way and adopting the 'if it feels good, then it must be right' attitude, only to blame God when it stops feeling so good. Of course we know by simple logical reasoning that the fact that something feels good doesn't necessarily make it right.

In as much as God has given us the freedom to choose how we want to live our lives. He didn't give us the right to misuse that freedom, for there is always a negative consequence when we do. As abundant as our freedom may be, even as free citizens of the world, we are checked or limited by man made laws to avoid excesses that will lead to anarchy or a chaotic system. These laws like we know attract punishments when they are broken, some even attract death sentences. The same way as children of God, we have the freewill to choose right from wrong. But God has laid out principles on how He would prefer us to live. We will still be held accountantable on how we manifested our freedom.

The question is, are our choices only serving our self centered indulgencies or are we applying them in doing the will of God and furthering the good cause of humanity? He wants us to choose walking in his presence. He has promised He will always be there for us, this promise is one our guiding and foundation principles in making other choices in life. Jesus in Matthew 28:20 said; "Behold I am with you always till the end of time" This is an assurance that God is constantly with us, He never leaves us, rather most times we are the ones who walk away from His presence when we decide to disregard him and do things our own way or take the most convenient route in getting around life. But I thank God that no matter how hard we try we cannot wish away God's existence. When He is fed up with our disobedience He knows exactly what to do to get our attention.

However, the good news is that as long as there is breath in us we still have the opportunity to embrace the presence of God which is at no cost to us. It is for us to maximize the profit of having Him with us. Behold I am with you always means that God's presence is with us continuously, He hurts with us when we are hurting, He sees our tears and knows when we are out and down. He is with us when nothing seems to work and it's like all the sunshine has gone out of lives, especially now the only stories we hear are stories of global economic doom or economic melt down. Remember, Joseph was established and favored in Egypt during a period of economic melt down. God lifted him up in another land and made him a blessing to his family and his generation. So even when the world decides to melt down, God will remold, raise and solidify his own children because He is the greatest economists and strategist. He knows everything about us and knew us by name even before we were conceived. So He will never leave nor forsake us, because He has giving us the promise of His everlasting presence where love is made manifest beyond our imagination and renewed everyday for a fulfilled life on earth and a secured eternity with Him.

We can only believe and cling to Him, knowing that He is no man that He should break His promise.

Ogechukwu Maduka is a christain evangelist and a lawyer who loves to write as a means to inspire. A passionate humanitarian and an ardent believer in upholding the digniity of man. She is happily married and blessed with four lovely children. Email: [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print