Unexpected Company
by PamFord Davis

How well do you handle unexpected company? Do you panic; or is your welcome mat always out? Some people have the warmth and hospitality needed to easily make visitors feel welcome. They put on a fresh pot of coffee or pour a glass of freshly brewed ice tea.


Have you ever attended a private event, and been surprised by the arrival of unexpected guests? In election years candidates often show up where least expected! No politician, entertainment, or sports celebrity could match the excitement caused by Old Testament heroes! (Mark 9:2-8) The disciples Peter, James, and John experienced an encounter of the miraculous kind! They personally viewed Jesus transfigured, glimpsing His glory! Unexpected company popped in from heaven! Moses and Elijah were on a special mission; they came to talk with Jesus.


Peter decided he needed to take control and make preparations for the heavenly visitors. "Then Peter answered and said to Jesus, Rabbi, it is good for us to be here; and let us make three tabernacles: one for You, one for Moses, and one for Elijah- because he did not know what to say, for they were greatly afraid (Mark 9:5-6 NKJ)." His heart and hands were ready to work together! Our unexpected guests are giving us opportunities for fellowship and ministry.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print