Overload
by PamFord Davis

What happens when a washing machine is overloaded? The decision to cram too much inside the tub of the automatic washer leads to many problems. First of all the washer is unable to agitate as designed and our clothes will not get clean. We have defeated our purpose! Our short cut or penny pinching created more troubles than it solved.


Another result of overloading is it often places laundry off balance. The machine begins to jump and shake and makes a terrible racket. If you are at home it is annoying; but if you are in a crowded Laundromat it is also very embarrassing!


The final cycle to spin your clothes after the rinse is also hampered. The laundry will still be holding a lot of water and will take longer to be dried. If you are at a Laundromat that will mean more quarters and more time taken from your busy schedule. It seems pretty logical to regularly do smaller loads and avert machine malfunctions and break downs.


Our hearts are much like the washing machines. We foolishly become overloaded with anxieties and cares. We keep cramming in more, and pushing them deep down inside. Soon our hearts are in need of cleansing and we are aware that life is out of balance. We become impatient, irritable and cranky. Those closest to us hear our outbursts and want to cover their ears!


It is time to make daily trips to the washing well of grace. With frequent confession of sins and unloading of our burdens we can find peace in our priorities. "In the multitude of my anxieties within me, Your comforts delight my soul (Psalms 94:19 NKJ)." Beware of overloads; leave room in your heart for the Lord's blessings!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print